Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"HOUSE"-pillows, a stuffed lion toy and other randomness

Last couple of months were full of weird projects, that's why I've been a bit more silent as usual, like: do I want to blog about them or do they stand out too far for what I used to share here? Am I going to confuse the readers or can they handle this?

These were the questions I've tried to answer and failed. They led me all inevitably to the question like what is this blog for me? Normally it's sort of a diary for most bloggers, so that means I should possibly just talk - about whatever happens in my life and whatever comes along, personally and/or creatively. I'm not that huge at talking about personal stuff, neither on the blog, nor in my normal life. Maybe one day I can. Maybe not. I'm fine for now with the sentence like "I make stuff". And I don't necessarily speak, nor would I possibly take my time to speak. It seems somehow pathetic to me to speak about myself or what I'm doing. Speaking is like pretending I have some valuable information/knowledge to share. Mostly I do not have. Even less while talking what my life is about. Sounds controversial for a blogger, right?

Here's one point: back in my twenties, somewhere at the beginning, I did have that urge to speak, and spoke a lot. Not only in twenties, but also at the very beginning af this blog - about parenting, creativity, resolutions, etc. And then it's gone. Talking on those topics bums me out because I feel like I'm taking myself too important and I don't like it. Blogging for me is a special form of speaking, actually made up of writing, which means like "advanced", thoughtful speaking, and teaching, and showing, and actually is pretty unintrusive - you can stick to it or leave it somewhere in the middle of the post without being rude to me.

Back to the what's the point of blogging? Surely not a diary. Too inconsistent and random. Is it a creative diary? Sometimes, or many times, and yes, more often than not, I feel like in a perfect world I'd like this blog to be more of a portfolio. But for some weird reasons it's a slippery slope and here I am, spending weeks working on something that is not fitting in. And you get no updates for months. Because I hesitate. I apologise sincerely, I do.

So please, met another one of those "outcasts" - I think I should give it a try and just talk about random creative stuff happening right now.

I had a custom order for a baby boy's nursery - blues (unusual greyish blues and ultramarine blues), light blues, and fabric with tribal pattern. I committed to make "house" pillow cases. They were easy, and simple. And a bit too "rectangular" for my style, so I ended up adding some curves by sewing a stuffed toy -  a lion. This one came spontaneously, and I like how it rounds up the serie. Now all I have to do is a matching greeting card.

The pillows have inlets  -  "house" shaped -  which will be stuffed with polyester filling and put inside the "house" pillow cases. I haven't filled them because I'll be mailing them and they need to be flat. I'm not showing you how they look like filled because filling causes distortion and that's pretty unpleasant, bulky and curvy in picture. Not in real life where they are all cuddly and bold and make a very nice statement.



No comments:

Post a Comment