This time I‘ve grabbed the fabric pieces, that I‘d printed from linocuts at the beginning of the week. This early morning I‘ve finally found the layout that features them pretty well – free motion stitching on appliqué, free motion decorative stitch around corduroy borders, and a piece of a lace, that I‘m currently crocheting from linen-cotton mixed yarn. For appliqué motif I've simply repeated a couple of elements from the central printed piece. I‘m thinking about making another couple of mug rugs / pouches with‘em.
I‘m happy this time particularly, because I‘ve finally managed to integrate crocheted something into my textile works. Have I mentionned, I love knitting, crocheting, and I collect little crocheted items from flea markets from time to time. I‘ve actually wanted to use them like I find them, but just cannot bring myself to cut all these vintage lace/napkin pieces, that I store – they seem to me way too precious for that. That‘s why I have to decode the pattern and crochet them myself.
This weekend I have to continue preparations for the exhibition – finish framing pictures, driving, hanging – looks like I won‘t have time for anything else, to be realistic….