Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Around here

Hey, where the last two weeks have gone? 

This time I'm simply gonna talk a bit about this and that. I'm drinking tee, and typing this blog post. And you see, there's been a major move in our house? 

I'm sitting in my studio. And right in front of what is my little girl's studio deck there's the crib. Yes, our little baby boy has officially grown old from being in our bedroom. Five month old. Still not sleeping through. And yes, of course, he's getting already some complementary food, but nope, no sleeping though the night in sight. But now the co-sleeping has turned history. 

I've not been that sure how I'd handle this move, how I'd handle if he would still wake up in the night and I'd have to nurse. Before the move I've thought that maybe he's not sleeping through because he's with us. Error. He's simply not ready, and he surely has his reasons. So I get up. Three to four times a night and nurse him. Then I get back and fall asleep.  I feel tired, but not exhausted any more, as before. Yes, I know, five months like this is tough, but that's it.

So now there's a nursing chair nearby, and a whole white wall to decorate (yep, another project). And all the usual allocation of my oh-so-important supplies in studio is gone bang. Next days my studio is gonna be re-made to the nth time. But you know what? It's great! The old allocation was about last fall, grey days, me being alone at home to work, because my little girl started attending kindergarden back then, the first months of pregnancy (yep, not so easy). So now I feel all giddy about this new chapter. My little girl's gonna be at the kindergarden, the baby boy's gonna nap, I can make my work and not feel alone, and this new allocation feels good.

And actually, I'm happy to have the baby boy's corner here, at studio. I sleep better now (yes, it took me quite awhile to admit, that I finally need more calm and go for it). As much as I miss the co-sleeping, yes, I do, but I'm better off. I feel sort of compunction for caring for myself at first, but God, it feels good. Period. 

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment