Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

DIY-tutorial: MAGNETS

Hello my friends, and hello blog, I haven't forgotten any of you! Yes, it's been quite a long time here with nothing new. And you know what? I've spent a very busy summer indeed. And no I'm not kidding. I was just not busy with the blog. Not at all, and yes, I'm sorry for the break. But it was very much needed. 

There's been lot of thrifting, furniture moving, repair, repaint and more moving. It's our third year so far in Finland, in this rented place. During our first year I didn't bother about poor rented furniture which came along with the house to actually spare us the furniture shopping. During our second year I got pregnant, the baby boy was born (a toddler already by the way), I was too tired to make any shifts. 

So now by the beginning of the summer I started changing things. Moving the rentals out and filling the gaps with what we need, what we like and what feels like our place.  

I mean, yes, why bother, you would probably ask. And sometimes I ask myself as well, pretty the same question. I will certainly not make over everything. But with a good dozen of nice pieces here and there, some more work to move around, repaint, and customize the existent and neutral ones, with thrifted accesories and nice modern fabrics it's surely doable. I'm not that far yet, but the way feels right. It's a crazy amount of work, taking into account that I made it during the summer, when both kids were at home all day long.

So far so good. Now it's time to make over the blog. It's insanely outdated, all the features are so bothering me. I wish I could not write those lines and first make some steps, so that you see the results. But I guess it has to be more of a complete make over, and now I'm up to learn how to do it. I don't know yet if I'll keep the name (nice, but long, and that bums me out), this format is not going to last, I'm literally sick of it, and probably that's the reason I was not that much present here either.

Now let's get back to crafty life, my friends. It actually hasn't stopped, but it's time to give you another inspirational project! Thrifted have been: an old frame, and ply wood - to make a fun magnet board and cute magnets.

This tutorial is about the magnets, not the board. Just a few words about the latter: it was old, big and heavy,  and sad - something golden and grey and crimson  - with a poor oil painting inside. I have sanded and repainted it in red. I also made an inlet of a piece of fiberboard that I cut to size, and coated it with magnetic paint. That's all! And I have to say I'm THAT jealous and happy about a good friend who got this gift. 

Happy birthday, CĂ©line!





No comments:

Post a Comment