Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Brand new tote bag

And here‘s the tote bag. Actually it was supposed to be finished last week, but I somehow kept wasting my time feeling intimidated about the colours  - thinking rather than doing – would this colourway be something durable or would I give it up after a single shot? I had questions like could I use this colourway elsewhere? I have also searched for right decoration on the top of the bag. This was the first time I‘ve ever sewn a tote bag, and actually didn‘t know anything about "how to‘s" before. 

Well, now it‘s done and it‘s pretty cute, both in colourway and design. I've taken nice heavy linen in natural colour, all the applications are made of different cottons and linen. And there's also some hand embroidery on the bird to add some decorative details.The next upcoming project is about this fire bird application as well. At the same time I‘m thinking about using this bird shape in other colourways, like, yes, my favorites blue-green-ochre. 

There‘s something beautiful about the deep blue and green cobalts and light misty greyish ultramarine and the way they hold nearly any other colours together. I think this colourway will kick back in my work over and over again. I‘ll keep you posted about the progress of upcoming fire birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment