Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Peek into new projects

A small peek inside my studio – new faces for new dolls – waiting for paint. They gonna get that angel-like look with long decorated dresses and wings – to become decorative pieces to be hung in the kid‘s room. After having tried some other possibilities of making faces, I‘ve chosen that way – some wire to get the basic shape, papier maché and then air-drying modelling clay. 

And yes, I‘ve got those somehow distinctive and prominent features, though actually I wanted more smoothness, abstractness. Despite of that they make me think now of some sort of fusion from what I‘ve seen in Paris in the Musée des arts premiers du quai Branly – the wooden masks from the civilisations of Africa and also with some influence from the russian icons.

No comments:

Post a Comment