Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A pouch and a notebook

The notebooks were the starting point of the following project. I've bought'em on occasion, because I loved the pink page board. Then came the idea of changing the cover, and so I did (painted, hand printed) – it was like about a couple of weeks ago. It still felt as something was missing, so I didn't share them here back then. 

Until yesterday, when I realized what's been missing – a little pouch to put it into. To stock the notebook itself, a couple of pencils, and all the memorabilia, that I sometimes collect along the way – cards, business cards, paper swatches, little drawings that I make on grocery payment receipts waiting somewhere and doodling. 

So the notebook doesn't get fuzzy page boards, I do not need to search for a pen everywhere in my backpack, the memorabilia are all in one safe place, and I do not need to carry a tacky plastic sleeve around to hold them together, they do not risk falling out of the book, spread around and get lost – it's all safe, it's all in one place. 

And here's the pouch – slightly bigger than the notebook itself, about 18 x 24 cm. Its front-/ and backside are entirely made of heavy linen – hand printed and painted, then embellished with some appliqué – FOREST FRIENDS and some lettering. I've added a bit of hand journaling - a couple quotes. 

The reason of this rose-orange-greyish colorway is the notebook itself. 

The pouch has a zipper, is padded, and fully lined with some pink linen-viscose blend fabric. 

As you see, there's a couple of them, so another one is for sale – 45 EUR, the notebook included. Though those two may seem quite similar, there are not quite repeating each other. The next ones're gonna feature other colours and other elements.
 








Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment