Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

HOME sweet home - DIY tutorial for mini-album

Here's another fun stationery project. This one came spontaneously, because I had to make a greeting card, and I realized I wouldn't be able to put everyone's words into it properly without a confusing multitude of teeny-tiny phrases around on the inside. So I made an album - with pages just big enough for one person/family to put just a bit more than a common wish-you-something phrase.

This album had to accompany a gift for a house warming party, that explains the motif choice and the heading

Quite a simple album - only punched pages, bound with a raffia thread. No fancy cover/cardboard, because this album is somewhere in between a mini album and an extended greeting card.

TIP: there're many steps where you make and let dry. And that may be annoying (well that IS anoying in my opinion - sometimes you can make another step while waiting, and sometimes you have to completely switch to another project while waiting, and I don't normally like to switch unless I absolutely have to). I've put my album into the oven at 50 degrees Celcius, the liquid paint and gesso dried in about five minutes there, while normally it takes about half an hour.

That's it - it takes a bit longer than a greeting card, but it's worth it! Now let's break down step-by step!









No comments:

Post a Comment