Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Making of linocuts

This weekend I‘ve been preparing a couple of new lino plates for new pouches/pencil cases. I‘m gonna use a quite simple geometric ornament and a couple of flower linocuts for fabric printing for those new projects. 

Of course, there're modern ways like screen printing, digital printing on fabric, printing on demand and all the supplies of making own screens at home, but I like the process of cutting as much as the irregularity of each print coming out, and that  it can be used on many surfaces where all other techniques would fail or need sofisticated extras. I can overprint already sewn pieces, I can vary the result by simply pressing less or more on the plate, and I can easily experiment with different qualities of fabrics and get the results asap. 

And I‘d like to take this time a couple of recent monoprints as well. I‘ll keep you posted.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment