Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

NEW pencil cases

Last week I've shared a preview of surfaces I was making for those ones, and now they are ready. All four of them. Looking like pencil cases, but that's maybe because I'm constantly carrying an amount of pencils around and loosing them, and I have a thing for cute pencil cases anyway. Those pouches can as well contain any other items.

It's done as usual - LOT of surface treat on the front side - paint coating, hand printing, free hand doodling, applique free motion stitched with sewing machine and in needle-turn technique (the yellow piece "LIFE is ABOUT"). I've also added a piece of corduroy, hand printed for more textural interest. Backside is now just corduroy. 

Those pencil cases are zipped, they are fully lined with cotton-linen blend, and are lined in between with some non-woven reinforcement batting to give them more sturdiness and volume, so that they have a nice grip.

That's the short description: I'm going to list a couple of them next week in the Etsy shop, come over to see more close-ups. I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment