Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fabric prints and free motion stitching

Today I'm gonna show you my recent project: the floral ornament studies paired with printed backgrounds have brought results sooner as I‘ve expected: I‘ve started making the mug rugs with the prints and am planning making some pouches in the next days.
Well, I‘m quite happy how these rugs turned out: hand printed/stenciled/doodled with fabric paint, decorated with free motion stiching and appliqué. 
This one is slightly padded for more stability and nice grip. It's double-sided –the first face being very messy and colourful, machine stiched, with appliqué, and hand embroidered, another face being more tempered – I‘ve taken some soft cotton corduroy and put a simple nice appliqué of a „neilikka“ (finnish for carnations) on it.
The next necessary step is all about online shop opening - I'll keep you posted.
Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment