Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Seeing a zebra

A strange form, isn‘t it? Well, it‘s a zebra, and this is my little girl‘s work. And this is what I haven‘t had in my mind while giving her a couple of cards of recycled cardboard to embellish them with all the paper scraps she produces during a day, and she produces like tons of scraps to put or glue'em  later everywhere. She has made scraps of the cards (what else should I have expected actually?) and then there it was - the zebra. 

I‘ve spent that day elaborating my recent sketches and her drawing reminded me about some simple things– about discovering new perspectives, about using what I have, and not what I think I should have to use. About playfullness. About expressiveness and freshness with just a scrap of a cardboard and some pencils. It is interesting and insightful what a child can see and create  in something that would otherwise land itself in a wastepaper basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment